The Royal Civil Service Commission would like to announce the following details regarding the Main Examination of the Bhutan Civil Service Examination 2021:
Date: October 29 – 31, 2021
General Category (PGDE/PGDFM/PGDPA)
October 29, 2021: Paper I – Dzongkha Language
October 30, 2021: Paper II – English Language & General Knowledge
October 31, 2021: Paper III – Bhutan and its (a) Socio-political institutions & (b) Socio-economic development since 1961)
October 29, 2021: Paper I – Dzongkha Language & General Knowledge
October 30, 2021: Paper II – English Language & Current Affairs
October 31, 2021: Paper III – Buddhist Studies
October 29, 2021: Paper I – Languages & General Knowledge
October 30, 2021: Paper II – General Subject Knowledge Paper
October 31, 2021: Paper III – Subject Specialisation Paper
October 29, 2021: Paper I – English
October 30, 2021: Paper II – Dzongkha
October 31, 2021: Paper III – Teacher Aptitude Test
Conduct of candidate: Click here
Reporting Time: 9:00 a.m.
Candidates reporting to the examination room after 30 minutes from the start of the writing time shall not be allowed to appear for the examination
Statistics of Candidates confirmed for the Main Examination of the BCSE 2021: Click here
No personal belongings, including mobile phones would be allowed into the examination room. Therefore, candidates are requested not to bring such belongings. RCSC shall not be responsible in the event of loss of such belongings.
The candidates are required to bring along the Admission Card which was issued during the documents verification, with a recent photo and RCSC seal on it.
Viva Voce is scheduled from November 8 – 15, 2021. Information regarding the venue and schedule for the Viva Voce will be announced on 3rd November, 2021 on RCSC website.
Selection and Placement
Selection and placement into the Civil Service shall be based on the following:
a) Obtained a minimum of 50% score in the Main Examination;
b) Merit ranking of the Main Examination result;
c) Availability of vacancy; and
d) If there is a tie-rank in the Main Examination result for a vacant position, the Written Examination score shall be taken into consideration to break the tie and subsequently by the Viva Voce score in case there is a need to further break the tie of the Written Examination scores.
Covid-19 safety protocols
The Main Examination of the Bhutan Civil Service Examination 2021 will be conducted with the Covid-19 preventive measures put in place at the Examination Centres.
The candidates are strictly required to adhere to the following Covid-19 safety protocols:
- 1. Candidates will proceed to their respective examination room from the ‘main gate’ of the Examination Centre.
- 2. It is mandatory to put on a face mask by all the candidates. Candidates without a face mask will not be allowed an entry to the Examination Centre.
- 3. Candidates must undergo body thermoscan at the entry point of the respective Examination Centre.
- 4. Candidates must wash hands with soap before entering the examination room.
- 5. Physical distancing must be maintained at all times – before, during and after the examination.
- 6. Candidates must maintain personal hygiene, follow coughing etiquettes, avoid frequently touched surfaces, not spit around, etc.
- 7. RCSC will maintain a list of Invigilators and candidates with phone number of all the Examination Centres. Therefore, the invigilators and the candidates will not be required to scan the ‘Druk Trace’ app while entering the Examination Centre.
- 8. Candidates must leave the Examination Centre and are advised to go home immediately after the examination.
- 9. No personal cars will be permitted beyond the entry point of the Examination Centre.
- 10. No outsiders, besides Invigilators and candidates, will be allowed to enter the Examination Centre.
- 11. Candidates are requested to support the implementation of the Covid-19 safety protocols at the Examination Centre and cooperate with the officials on duty.
Source: – www.rcsc.gov.bt