The Royal Civil Service Commission is pleased to announce the Bhutan Civil Service Examination (BCSE) 2021 for recruitment of University Graduates in Professional and Management Category in the Civil Service.
STAGE I: PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION
The objective of Preliminary Examination (PE) shall be to shortlist candidates for the Main
Examination and ensure minimum standard required of a candidate.
- 1. A candidate shall be permitted to appear PE up to a maximum of three attempts only.
- 2. Preliminary Examination Papers shall be common to all categories of graduates.
- 3. Preliminary Examination shall be objective type questions to test English and Dzongkha communication skills, logical and analytical problem solving and data interpretation abilities of the candidates.
- Candidates shall be required to answer in the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) answer sheet provided by the RCSC. The instructions on how to use the OMR answer sheet is available on www.rcsc.gov.bt/en/bcse
- Only those candidates who achieve the minimum cut off marks decided by the Commission shall be eligible to sit for the Main Examination.
- Marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination shall not be carried forward to the Main Examination and shall be valid only for that particular year.
STAGE II: MAIN EXAMINATION
- 1. The objective of the Main Examination (ME) is to test candidate’s core competencies and subject/general knowledge for the final selection.
- 2. A candidate shall be permitted to appear the ME up to a maximum of two attempts only.
- 3. Candidates appearing the ME shall be grouped under the following categories of the BCSE:
- o Post Graduate Diploma in Public Administration (PGDPA);
- o Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM);
- o Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE);
- o Technical Graduates: Positions requiring technical subject knowledge and Law graduates for PGDNL;
- o Dzongkha Graduates: Teaching positions (PGDE) in Schools and other positions in Agencies requiring Dzongkha knowledge; and
- o B.Ed. Graduates: Teaching positions in Schools. The B.Ed. Graduates will appear for the Main Examination only. The graduates are required to complete the eregistration within the given schedule.
- 4. Main Examination shall consist of the following three parts with the corresponding weightage for PGDPA, PGDFM, PGDE, Technical Graduates including PGDNL, and Dzongkha Graduates:
- o Part I: Academic Achievement (AA) – 10%
- o Part II: Written Examination (WE) – 70%
- o Part III: Viva Voce (VV) – 20%
- Whereas, weightage for the B.Ed. Graduates is as follows:
- o Part I: Academic Achievement (AA) – 20%
- o Part II: Written Examination (WE) – 60%
- o Part III: Viva Voce (VV) – 20%
Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree which is a full time on campus course meeting the requirements of the minimum contact hours and of at least three years duration from an Institute recognized by the competent authorities in any relevant field with the exception for the following:
a) Candidates from Shedras, who are awarded equivalent Bachelors/Masters Degree in two years; and
b) With a minimum of two-year Bachelors Degree acquired by in-service candidates with minimum of Class X and Certificate/Diploma of two years or more, if duly validated by the Royal University of Bhutan/Bhutan Accreditation Council/Bhutan Medical and Health Council and other similar authorities empowered by an Act of the Parliament, for in-service
Civil Service candidates.
Meet the following subject requirements:
- 1. PGDPA: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in any field.
- 2. PGDFM: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce/Economics(Honours)/Economics (Majors)/Business Administration/Business Management.
- 3. PGDE: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree/Masters Degree with at least one relevant subject prescribed for the Bhutanese School Syllabus or Higher Educational Institute Programme and has obtained the minimum qualifying marks in the subject at the Bachelor’s Degree
examination, if prescribed.
- 4. Technical: Relevant field of specialization.
- 5. PGDNL: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Law.
- 6. Dzongkha: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Dzongkha/Buddhist Studies.
- 7. B.Ed.: B.Ed.
- 1. A graduate wishing to appear for the BCSE shall register online.
- 2. Registered candidates shall be provided with information on the venue, date and time of the Preliminary Examination before the examination.
- 3. Candidates who qualify in the Preliminary Examination shall be required to report in person for verification and confirmation for the Main Examination with the following documents in original as well as a complete set of photocopies:
- o Degree certificate and academic transcripts by semester-wise/year-wise or consolidated statement of marks;
- o Class XII transcripts;
- o Class X transcripts;
- o Valid Bhutanese Citizenship Identity Card;
- o Must have valid Security Clearance Certificate online which will be verified by the official on duty;
- o A graduate in medical and health profession shall produce a certificate of registration/internship completion letter from the Bhutan Medical and Health Council;
- o Original “No Objection Certificate for appearing BCSE and appointment in the Civil Service” from the Head of the Agency, if employed in the Civil Service, Corporation, Private, NGO, Project etc;
- o One recent passport photograph;
- o Three legal stamps;
- o Letter of Undertaking, which will be made available on our website during the time of documents verification; and
- o Valid Bhutanese Citizenship Identity card of the witness for your Letter of Undertaking.
o Certificate of Merit (if any) should be produced in original and submit a complete set of photocopies during the time of Viva Voce only.
o The RCSC shall not accept any document which has inconsistent information of the candidate, particularly name of the candidate and date of birth.
o Registration of applicants for the Main Examination with incomplete documents will not be accepted.
o Should have completed a cooling off period of one year if the candidate has participated in politics or after deregistration of membership from any political parties.
o Upon successful outcome of the BCSE result, the selected candidates are required to undergo mandatory pre-employment drug test prior to their appointment in the civil service.
o Medical Certificate will be submitted during the placement and selection.
o The selected candidates are required to submit the original Degree Certificate within two years from the year of the examination.
This year too, the RCSC will facilitate conducting the PE in Mongar besides Thimphu for the convenience of the candidates. However, this option is subject to having the required numbers of graduates opting to appear for the PE in Mongar. As such, the RCSC shall make an announcement on our website on 28th July, 2021 regarding the confirmation to conduct the PE at the optional venue submitted during the e-Registration.
MBBS AND BDS GRADUATES
MBBS graduates will appear for the Main Examination only. However, the MBBS graduates must complete e-registration within the given schedule to appear for the examination.
MBBS and BDS graduates are required to complete their internship latest by 31st December, 2021 to appear for the BCSE 2021.
SELECTION AND PLACEMENT
The final selection and placement of the BCSE candidates into the Civil Service shall be based on the following:
- 1. Obtained a minimum of 50% score in the Main Examination;
- 2. Merit ranking of the Main Examination result of the respective examination category; and
- 3. Availability of vacancies.
Further, the Commission has introduced a tie-breaker in case there are tie-ranks in the final result of the Main Examination for a single vacancy or the last vacancy available. In such a case, a candidate with higher score in the Written Examination will be selected for the vacant position and
subsequently by the Viva Voce score in case there is a need to further break the tie in the Written Examination score.
IN-SERVICE CANDIDATES (CIVIL SERVANT)
In-service candidates who have attained 35 years of age and above and not attained 45 years of age are requested to fill up this form (Click here to download the form) and send to [email protected] along with a copy of your Citizenship Identity Card and complete your eregistration upon receipt of the intimation from the RCSC.
CONDUCT OF EXAMINATIONS DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
The RCSC will be continuously assessing the Covid-19 situation in order to ensure the smooth conduct of the examinations and the safety of all the candidates. Further, the examinations will be conducted in strict compliance to the Covid-19 safety protocols in place which will be shared with the candidates before the examinations. The RCSC will inform the candidates should there be any change in the schedule due to the Covid-19 situation.
For any clarification, please contact the Civil Service Examination Division, RCSC Secretariat @ 77193223/77324343/77193224/02-339237 during office hours or email us at [email protected]
Source: – www.rcsc.gov.bt