The Royal Civil Service Commission is pleased to re-announce the availability of scholarship (15 slots) for the civil servants under the Government of India (RGoB Scholarship) for 2021 intake as follows:
|Sl.#||Field of Study /Course||Target Group|
|1||M.Sc. Plant Pathology/ Plant Breeding/ Integrated Pest Management/ Horticulture/ plant Biotechnology||Horticulture Officer/ Plan Protection Officer/ Agricultyre Officer|
|2||Masters in translation Studies/ Interpretation Skills||Language Development Officer /DT Secretary|
|3||MA in Cultural Studies||Cultural Officer/ DT Secretary/ Language Development Officer|
|4||Masters in Soecial education||SEN Teachers|
|5||MA in TESOL/ Primary Teaching||Primary Teachers with B.Ed|
|6||Masters in Science Education||Subject Teachers(Primary)|
|7||Masters in IT/Computer Application||Subject Teachers|
|8||Masters in Accountancy||Subject Teachers|
|9||Masters of CHemistry/MSc. Chemistry||Subject Teachers|
|10||MA English||Subject Teachers|
|11||MSc. Mathematics||Subject Teachers|
|12||Msc. Physics||Subject Teachers|
|13||MSc. Biology||Subject Teachers|
|14||Masters in Geography||Subject Teachers|
|15||Masters in Histroy||Subject Teachers|
Therefore, interested and eligible in-service candidates are encouraged to apply for the above scholarships.
- Benefits of Scholarship
The successful candidates shall receive following benefits:
● Round trip airfare (economy class)
● Full tuition and other compulsory fees
● Stipend (RGoB approved rate for India)
● Contingency grant (RGoB approved rate for India)
● Thesis and dissertation charges if applicable (As per BCSR and RCSC notification)
● Study tour/field trip expenses (RGoB approved rate for India).
- Prerequisites of the University/Institute
● Completed bachelor degree and meet minimum academic requirement of the University/Institute
- Additional Requirements as per BCSR 2018
● Should have bachelor degree at the time of entry into civil service or be selected through BCSE;
● Should fulfil other Eligibility criteria specified in Section 9.7.3 where applicable
● Clean service record; and
● Civil servants applying for the scholarship and the agency nominating the candidate must ensure the applicant fulfills all the relevant eligibility criteria prescribed in the BCSR 2018.
- System generated Information
Following information/documents shall be generated from the ZESt and DMS/PF for shortlisting. Therefore, interested candidates need to verify the information by logging into Self Service Portal, ZESt (click here) within the scholarship application deadline.
● Moderation score/Performance Evaluation Ratings (IWP) for past two financial years
● Email address and mobile number
● Place of posting detail for rural posting weightage
- Documents required while applying
● Academic transcripts & certificate
- Bachelor degree: Copy of Certificate and Transcript
- Class XII: Copy of Certificate and Transcript
- ● LTT Nomination Application Form from the agency
- ● Duly signed LTT Review Checklist (click here)
- ● Any other supporting documents (check Scholarship Selection Format Form 9/9 as per BCSR 2018)
- Application procedure
● Interested applicants must submit the above documents to HRDD, RCSC after routing through respective agencies within the given deadline.
● Agencies should ensure NoC can be provided to candidates who get selected for the scholarship. Agency should submit the documents to HRDD, RCSC for those interested applicants only.
● Once shortlisted candidates are announced, respective agencies shall seek approval from HRC and inform RCSC on the decision.
- Shortlist and Selection procedure
The shortlist and selection criteria shall be as per the BCSR 2018 for all of the courses with the following specific selection procedure:
● Applicants shall be shortlisted based on the relevance of course vis a vis their current job in addition to other eligibility criteria in BCSR 2018
● Candidates will have to secure admission by 31st August 2021 failing which the Scholarship shall be offered to the stand by candidate
● All of the shortlisted candidates will have to make a 10 minutes presentation on the selected topic during the selection interview (topic for presentation will be shared with shortlisted candidates on the day of the interview)
● Only 15 best candidates based on performance during the selection interview shall be selected.
● The candidates shall be judged based on their performance in their respective jobs, leadership attributes and their post-study plans as portrayed during the selection interview.
- Post selection procedure
Upon announcement of the interview result, selected civil servants should submit the following documents to the HRDD, RCSC within five working days from the date of announcement of the interview result, failing which scholarship may be given to the standby candidate:
● Acceptance of Scholarship Form with assurance from the agency (link for the Form will be provided during the announcement of shortlisted candidates)
- ● Provisional admission letter/Proof of admission (as per the given deadline below)
- ● Security clearance reference no. and date
- ● Audit clearance reference no. and date
- ● Medical Fitness certificate
- New Deadlines related to scholarship
Announcement of the Scholarship : 1st April, 2021
Deadline for Application : 14th April, 2021
Shortlisting and Announcement of Shortlisted candidates : 15th-19th April, 2021
Selection Interview/Announcement of Interview results :29th-30th April, 2021 (tentative)
Deadline for submission of admission confirmation : 31st August, 2021
Course Commencement (depends on course/institute) : June/July/August, 2021
- Selected candidates shall also be required to take a drug test and will have to pass the test to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Only those candidates who are committed to this scholarship should apply. If a candidate withdraws after the announcement of the interview result, candidate shall be liable for HR action;
- Candidates must seek the admission in reputed Universities in India which are recognized by accreditation bodies in India or International Accreditation Councils and acceptable to the selection committee within a given time period from the interview result announcement date.
The RCSC shall facilitate in providing ‘Recommendation/Scholarship support letter if required by the candidate while processing the admission.
- Confirmation of scholarship and date of commencement of course shall depend on the candidate fulfilling the admission criteria laid down by the respective universities for securing admission. Therefore, the candidates are advised not to make major changes to their home/office life (such as handing over of work, moving out of their house etc) until the
confirmation of scholarship/admission;
- Nominations received without the endorsement of the agency and with incomplete documents will not be accepted for the purpose of short listing.
- Agencies should ensure that relevance of the course and only eligible candidates fulfilling requirements are forwarded to HRDD, RCSC on or before the deadline. In the event any discrepancies are found after the selection, respective agencies shall be held accountable.
- The scholarship application should be routed through the applicant’s agency with the complete sets of documents.
- For future career progression to Specialist position, Master course should be aligned to Super Structure.
For any clarification or information, please contact Ms. Krishna Lungeli and Ms. Thinley Chodent at 322491/322954/322956 (Ext. 129) during office hours or you can also email at [email protected] or [email protected]
Source: – www.rcsc.gov.bt