Terms and Conditions
1 Background of MoE’s Learning Management System
A learning management system (LMS) is a software application for the administration, documentation, tracking, reporting, automation and delivery of educational courses or training programs.
LMS is a web based, device independent system that will facilitate learning anywhere anytime and is intended to benefit all formal schools from classes PP to XII.
The Objectives of the MoE’s LMS
a. Provides access to quality online courses for students and teachers.
b. Provides customised learning materials that are aligned with the curriculum.
c. Provides a platform for collaborative learning among students and teachers.
d. Provides statistics on student learning for intervention and decision making.
Components of MoE’s LMS
Courses and learning materials: Relevant courses and learning materials are available in LMS for students. The courses can be either self paced or teacher-guided depending on the objectives of the specific course.
Learning activities:Within the courses, there are activities for learners to practice, apply and revise their knowledge and skills.
Assessment:Various assessment features such as quiz, multiple-choice questions, short question and answer, etc. are included within the course for assessment and evaluation of learning.
Reporting and performance tracking:The LMS keeps track of students’ learning progress for immediate feedback to both students and teachers for necessary support or intervention.
Responsive design:The LMS can be accessed on any device including smartphones and tablets providing a wider option for user interactivity and connectivity. Mobile capability will have potential to reach out to diverse learners.
Blended learning:Teacher guided courses in the LMS provide opportunities for blended learning where teachers can combine online educational interactions with traditional face-to-face classroom learning to
enhance learning experiences.
- 1. Only Butanese nationals are eligible for the competition.
- 2, Participants : Individuals, groups or firms are eligible. In case of a group or firm, indicate an author.
- 3. MoE headquarter staff will not be eligible to participate in the logo competition
3 Logo Design and Name
- a. Logo design and suitable and creative name should reflect and communicate the objectives and vision of LMS
- b. Logo should be :
i. at least 1.6 * 1.6 inches
ii. have high resolution of at least 300 dpi
iii. having colour combinations which is suitable to the overall tone and feel of the LMS site (lms.education.gov.bt). It should not be grayscale or black and white) in PNG and JPEG with transparent background
iv. adaptable(clear and clean) onto any form/surface including but not limited to, website, banners, favicon, letterheads, flyers, posters etc. It should not get distorted and lose its definition when scaled up or down.
4 Intellectual Property Rights
- a. All the entries will remain the property of MoE
- b. Participants should acknowledge and agree that all copyright and other rights in the logoincluding rights in the drawings, text or any other content submitted to MoE in respect of this competition shall be solely and exclusively owned by MoE.
- c. All the participants agree to assign absolute rights to MoE without charging any intellectual property rights or any other cost, including the right to use, reproduce, modify, publish, licence or otherwise deal with (whether for commercial and non-commercial purpose) the submitted logo design(s).
- d. Participants represent and warrant that his/their entry does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. If it does, MoE will not be held liable.
- e. MoE reserves the right to use, reproduce or print the winning logo or submitted logo as deemed fit.
5 Submission Details
- a. Last date for the submission of entries is 9th August 2021 before 1:00pm.
- b. Participants can submit a maximum of two entries.
- c. Participants will not imprint or watermark the logo
- d. Submission must contain the following for each entry
- i. PNG and JPEG files of the logo along with the original drawing or digital file.
- ii. PDF file consisting of the following details
|1. Details of the author/group/firm|
a. CID/License No incase of a company/firm(attach copy)
b. Name of author
c. Name of company(if applicable)
e. Mobile No
|2. Name for the LMS|
|3. Concept/background on recommended name for LMS (Not more than 100 words)|
|4. Rationale describing the concept, theme and symbolic elements in a maximum of 100 words in English/Dzongkha|
|5. Acceptance and Declaration Statement|
I (name) hereby accept all the terms and conditions stated for this logo design competition.
- e. The submission must be sent via email to [email protected] and [email protected]
- f. For any clarification please contact ICTD at 17989009/17571067/323551
- a. Any incomplete submissions within this terms and conditions will be disqualified
- b. The winner shall be chosen based on design consideration mentioned in the point 3 of terms & conditions for this logo competition.
- c. Only the shortlisted author/group/firm shall be called for presentation as final.
- d. The decision of MoE on selection of the winner shall be final and binding
The prize money for winner will be
- a. Nu.60,000(Sixty Thousand only) will be awarded for the selected Logo for LMS.
- b. The winner will be announced via email and phone call as per details furnished in point 4.
- c. No plagiarism shall be allowed and the logo shall not use any material (photograph, icon, symbol, images, etc.) that is copyright protected.
- d. Clarifications can be sought at [email protected] in writing.
- e. The prize will be given to the author of the competition in case of a group or firm
Source: – www.education.gov.bt