- Organization: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- Country: Bhutan
- City: Thimphu
- Office: FAO Bhutan
- Closing date: Wednesday, 4 August 2021
- Closure Date: 05/Aug/2021, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit : FABHU
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition : NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level : N/A
Primary Location: Bhutan-Thimphu
Duration : 12 Months
Post Number : N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device.
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold our values. FAO has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and FAO, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates, therefore, will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The Food Security and Agriculture Productivity Project (FSAPP), executed by the Department of Agriculture, Ministry of Agriculture and Forests, is funded a grant amount of UAS 8 million by the Global Agriculture and Food Security Program (GAFSP), and with contribution of the government and the beneficiaries, the total FSAPP budget is USD 9.3 million. The World Bank is the supervising entity for FSAPP. The Royal Government of Bhutan (RGoB) and FAO have signed an Agreement (UTF/BHU/013/BHU) where Technical Assistance of FSAPP (TA-FSAPP) is managed and implemented by FAO. The main outcome of the TA-FSAPP is to strengthen the capacities of FSAPP beneficiaries, MoAF staff and other project stakeholders and enable them to maximize their impacts of the project. The total TA-FSAPP budget is USD 1.15 million. The FAO Country Office (CO) is supported with technical expertise from its Regional office for Asia and the Pacific (RAP) in Bangkok and Headquarters, coordinated and led by the Lead Technical Officer (LTO) stationed at RAP.
The National Project Personnel (NPP) reports to Lead Technical Officer/AFAOR at FAO Country Office; however, the Team Leader of TA-FSAPP (TL), stationed in PMU, will monitor and supervise the work of NPP on a regular basis. The NPP will also work with, in close consultation with TL and CO, other relevant experts of FAO at RAP and HQ.
The National Project Personnel – Procurement is a contract position at PMU arranged by FAO. The NPP will be responsible for the implementation of and coordination of FSAPP technical assistance on procurement related activities. The incumbent shall ensure coherence with FAO’s corporate procurement policy and manual.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Prepare procurement plan and update procurement information of the agencies under the FSAPP and submit to WB for approval in STEP (for the financial year 2021-2022)
- Prepare tender documents, advertise, open, evaluate, prepare contract agreement for procurement of goods, works and consulting services, and share with the procuring agencies for contract implementation.
- Help the procuring agencies in contract management to ensure value by timely delivery and as per the contract terms and conditions.
- Deliver Procurement Training to the officials of the PIUs and other agencies under the FSAPP Project.
- Provide advice and guidance to the procuring agencies under the FSAPP.
- Support the training of PIUs in procurement skills.
- Complete and submit on time any other tasks assigned by supervisors.
- Execute any other task assigned by the PMU and FAO.
- Submit soft copy of all works carried out and achievements to FAO Country Office, which will liaise with all relevant project officials.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in relevant field such as supply chain management or Logistics or Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPs) or strategic public procurement/degree in the related field;
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in relevant professional field;
- Working knowledge of English, Dzongkha and other local dialects are advantages;
- National of Bhutan.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Extent and relevance technical experience in the areas cover by procurement.
- Extent of experience in undertaking procurement and supply management tasks.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Depth of knowledge of development issues in Bhutan.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Work experience in Bhutan and/or other countries in the Region.
- Familiarity with FAO policies and programmes and systems is desirable
Based on requirements, competencies and skills.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile.
- Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
- If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]
Source: – unjobs.org