The Royal Civil Service Commission is pleased to announce the availability of scholarship (6 slots) for civil servants under Nehru-Wangchuck Scholarship for 2021-22 intake as follows:
|Sl. no||Field of Study||Target group ( Superstructure and profession)|
|1||Master in Human Resource Management||Administrative Service – HR Officers|
|2||MSc. Data Science/Data Analytics/ Big Data||Technical Service – ICT Officers and Statistical Officers|
|3||Masters in Urban Transport Planning/ Transport Planning||a. Technical Service – Urban planners/ Architects/ Civil Engineers|
b. Administrative Service
|4||Masters of Education in Primary Mathematics/ Primary Science||Education Service – Primary Teachers|
|5||Matsers in Structural Engineering||Technical Service – CIvil Engineer|
|6||Fellowship for Gynecology ( Maternal & Fetal Medicine, Laparoscopic Surgery)||Medical and Health Services|
- Successful candidates shall receive following allowances and payments during their study
Tuition Fees and other admission related costs
● Nu. 50,000 as Monthly Stipend;
● Nu. 12,500 as Book allowance (annually);
● Nu. 10,000 as One time establishment allowance;
● Research grants with DSA of Nu. 350 per day for the duration of two months (for Master’s Degree with research);
● Air fare (one time to & fro); and
● Coverage of health insurance.
2. Prerequisites of the University/Institute
● Completed bachelor degree and meet minimum academic requirement of the University/Institute
3. Additional Requirements as per BCSR 2018
● Should have bachelor degree at the time of entry into civil service or be selected through BCSE;
● Should fulfil other Eligibility criteria specified in Section 9.7.3 where applicable
● Clean service record; and
● Civil servants applying for the scholarship and the agency nominating the candidate must ensure the applicant fulfills all the relevant eligibility criteria prescribed in the BCSR 2018.
4. System generated Information
Following information/documents shall be generated from ZESt and DMS/PF for shortlisting. Therefore, interested candidates need to verify the information by logging into Self Service Portal, ZESt (https://zest.rcsc.gov.bt/) within the scholarship application deadline.
● Moderation score/Performance Evaluation Ratings (IWP) for past two financial years
● Email address and mobile number
● Place of posting detail for rural posting weightage
● Academic transcripts & certificate (RCSC will contact applicants to submit if documents are not available in the system)
○ Bachelor degree: Copy of Certificate and Transcript
○ Class XII: Copy of Certificate and Transcript
5. Documents required while applying
● Nomination letter from the agency
● Duly signed LTT Checklist (https://www.rcsc.gov.bt/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/LTT-Review-Checklist-for-NWSS.pdf)
● Any other supporting documents (check Scholarship Selection Format Form 9/9)
6. Application procedure
● Interested applicants must log into Self Service Portal, ZESt within the scholarship application deadline and verify information reflected in their CV.
● Interested applicants must submit the above documents to HRDD, RCSC after routing through respective agencies within the given deadline.
● Agencies should ensure NoC can be provided to candidates who get selected for the scholarship. Therefore, application documents should be submitted to the HRDD, RCSC for those applicants only.
● Once shortlisted candidates are announced, respective agencies shall seek approval from HRC and inform RCSC on the decision.
7. Shortlist and Selection procedure
The shortlist and selection criteria shall be as per the BCSR 2018 for all of the courses with the following specific selection procedure:
● Applicants shall be shortlisted based on the relevance of course vis a vis their current job in addition to other eligibility criteria in BCSR 2018
● Candidates will have to secure admission by 31st August 2021 failing which the Scholarship shall be offered to the stand by candidate
● All of the shortlisted candidates will have to make a 10 minutes presentation on the selected topic during the selection interview (topic for presentation will be shared with shortlisted candidates on the day of the interview)
● Only six best candidates based on performance during the selection interview shall be selected.
● The candidates shall be judged based on their performance in their respective jobs, leadership attributes and their post-study plans as portrayed during the selection interview.
8. Post selection procedure
Upon announcement of the interview result, selected civil servants should submit the following documents to the HRDD, RCSC within five working days from the date of announcement of the interview result, failing which scholarship may be given to the standby candidate:
● Acceptance of Scholarship Form with assurance from the agency (link for the Form will be provided during the announcement of shortlisted candidates)
● Provisional admission letter/Proof of admission (as per the given deadline below)
● Security clearance reference no. and date
● Audit clearance reference no. and date
● Medical Fitness certificate
9. Deadlines related to scholarship
Announcement of the Scholarship : 8th January, 2021
Deadline for Application : 5th February, 2021
Shortlisting and Announcement of Shortlisted candidates : 12th February, 2021
Selection Interview : 18-19th February, 2021
Announcement of Interview results : 18-19th February, 2021
Deadline for submission of admission confirmation : 31st August 2021
Course Commencement : June/July/August 2021
- Selected candidates shall also be required to take a drug test and will have to pass the test to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Only those candidates who are committed to this scholarship should apply. If a candidate withdraws after the announcement of the interview result, candidate shall be liable for HR action;
- Candidates must seek the admission in reputed Universities in India which are recognized by accreditation bodies in India or International Accreditation Councils and acceptable to the selection committee within a given time period from the interview result announcement date. The RCSC shall facilitate in providing ‘Recommendation/Scholarship support letter if required by the candidate while processing the admission.
- Confirmation of scholarship and date of commencement of course shall depend on the candidate fulfilling the admission criteria laid down by the respective universities for securing admission. Therefore, the candidates are advised not to make major changes to their home/office life (such as handing over of work, moving out of their house etc) until the confirmation of scholarship/admission;
- Nominations received without the endorsement of the agency and with incomplete documents will not be accepted for the purpose of short listing.
- Agencies should ensure that relevance of the course and only eligible candidates fulfilling requirements are forwarded to HRDD, RCSC on or before the deadline. In the event any discrepancies are found after the selection, respective agencies shall be held accountable.
- The scholarship application should be routed through the applicant’s agency with the complete sets of documents.
- For future career progression to Specialist position, Master course should be aligned to Super Structure.
Source: – https://www.rcsc.gov.bt/